Michigan Lutheran Church dates back to 1883 when a missionary pastor came to the area. The Michigan Scandinavian Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized Oct. 21, 1901. Rev. L.A.Haatvedt was the first pastor serving from 1901-1903. There were 21 charter members. The church was dedicated in 1913 and incorporated under the name Michigan Lutheran Church, and women were given the right to vote on Nov. 11, 1958. An annex was added in 1960,with Sunday School rooms, city water, restrooms and a larger kitchen. The parsonage was built in 1971 across the street from the church. The first English language service was held on Jan. 1, 1908. The Centennial was held in 2001. There have been 13 pastors serving the congregation over the years.